- General information
- Information we collect
- General site
- Good news, we don't collect any personal data from you or your device at all. The site doesn't even use or need cookies to operate! There are no logins or passwords to worry about. When you 'login' to our site a random profile is generated and that is what is used to identify you while you are logged in. This profile remains on your device, and each time you login it is only cryptographically checked to make sure it is valid. There are no user access logs or tracking of the profiles generated. You can delete the profile from your device settings at any time.
- Special note about Facebook
- When you login and give us permission to create a new post, either to your timeline or a page you manage, our site receives a special access token from Facebook. This token is only valid for 1 or 2 hours and is stored against a cookie so whenever you want to create a new post for a Livestream we do not need to ask you to login each time. Once you logout from Vidih, this token is destroyed.
- Information you provide
- When you record a video it is stored on our servers for you to access. We only store the last 10 videos you have recorded in the last 48 hours. That means videos are deleted after 48 hours or the oldest is replaced when you record your 11th video. These videos are stored by code running on our servers, and no human staff have access to view them. Also, because there are no persistent usernames or information identifying which user created which video it is impossible to track a video back to a real human being when you are not logged into the system. You can delete the videos stored on our server at any time.
- When you post a Livestream to social media, the post is never stored on our servers beyond the time required to pass the information on to the social media site, and never on any type of permanent storage. In other words your post is passed directly to the social media site via our server, the memory storing the post deleted and to be clear no copy is kept nor is it ever stored on disk during this process.
- Right to access, correct and delete data and to object to data processing
- You have the right to access, correct and delete personal data relating to you, and to object to the processing of such data. Access - you always have access to your videos and only you have your crytographic profile. Correct - since profiles are random there is no need for correction. Delete - you always have access to delete your videos on our server while logged in - you also always have access to remove the profile from your device from your device settings.
- The Company makes every effort to put in place suitable precautions to safeguard the security and privacy of personal data, and to prevent it from being altered, corrupted, destroyed or accessed by unauthorized third parties. However, the Company does not control each and every risk related to the use of the Internet, and therefore warns the Site users of the potential risks involved in the functioning and use of the Internet. The Site may include links to other web sites or other internet sources. As the Company cannot control these web sites and external sources, the Company cannot be held responsible for the provision or display of these web sites and external sources, and may not be held liable for the content, advertising, products, services or any other material available on or from these web sites or external sources.
- Sharing your information
- We never share any of your information with anyone, unless required to by a court of law.